This 24 kilometer (15 mile) bike tour provides breathtaking scenery of Antioquia’s green hills and colorful rural homes. The tour begins outside the town of Amaga, about 45 minutes south of Medellin.We will follow an old railroad route that takes us through six railroad tunnels and over several old railroad bridges, all the time surrounded by Antioquia’s flora and the charm of the country homes we pass along the way. This half-day tour is a great option for those who want to get some exercise while exploring the beautiful countryside outside of Medellin.
• Pick-up at your hotel in Medellín*.
• Roundtrip transportation Medellín – Amagá – Medellín (80+ kms).
• English speaking driver / guide.
• Mountain bike rental (Trek, Gary Fisher or similar) including helmet.
• 2-4 hour bike tour through the old railway tunnels and bridges and some low to no traffic roads with amazing natural scenery.
• Snack at some point along the way.
• Personal accident insurance
Approximate duration: 4 – 5 hours
Fitness level: Medium to high if done both ways.
Usual pick-up time: 9:00 am.
Bike ride length: Approx. 12 kms or 7.5 miles each way.
What to bring: Comfortable clothes (shorts), sun-screen, closed-in shoes, rain-jacket, insect repellent, sunglasses and hat.
Price: USD$70 per person if at least 3 people on the tour.
We do travel with just 2 passengers or even one. The total price for a group of just 1 or 2 persons is the same as the price for a group of 3.
For booking this mountain bike tour out of Medellín, please send us an email at email@example.com and let us know which dates would work best for you, how many more people are traveling with you and where would you like to be picked up. We will try to answer you within 24 hours of receiving your email.