This 24 kilometer (15 mile) bike tour provides breathtaking scenery of Antioquia’s green hills and colorful rural homes. The tour begins outside the town of Amaga, about 45 minutes south of Medellin.We will follow an old railroad route that takes us through six railroad tunnels and over several old railroad bridges, all the time surrounded by Antioquia’s flora and the charm of the country homes we pass along the way. This half-day tour is a great option for those who want to get some exercise while exploring the beautiful countryside outside of Medellin.
• Pick-up at your hotel in Medellín*.
• Roundtrip transportation Medellín – Amagá – Medellín (80+ kms).
• English speaking driver / guide.
• Mountain bike rental (Trek, Gary Fisher or similar) including helmet.
• 2-4 hour bike tour through the old railway tunnels and bridges and some low to no traffic roads with amazing natural scenery.
• Snack at some point along the way.
• Personal accident insurance
Approximate duration: 4 – 5 hours
Fitness level: Medium to high if done both ways.
Usual pick-up time: 9:00 am.
Bike ride length: Approx. 12 kms or 7.5 miles each way.
What to bring: Comfortable clothes (shorts), sun-screen, closed-in shoes, rain-jacket, insect repellent, sunglasses and hat.
Price: $220,000 COP per person if at least 3 people on the tour.
*Additional charges may apply for pick-ups outside the Poblado area.
We do travel with just 1-2 passengers. The total price for a group of just 1 or 2 people is the same as the total price for a group of 3.
We appreciate payment in cash in Colombian pesos COP or in USD (Exchange rate: USD $1 = $2,700 COP).
For booking this mountain bike tour out of Medellín, please send us an email at email@example.com and let us know which dates would work best for you, how many more people are traveling with you and where would you like to be picked up. We will try to answer you within 24 hours of receiving your email.