This small town in Antioquia’s Southwest is named after the River Thames and has breathtaking views of the surrounding area. While exploring the area we may come across pre-Hispanic Indigenous relics such as a well preserved stone trail and rock petroglyphs. Tamesis is famous for waterfall trekking and rapelling as well as the amazing panoramic views as one descends the waterfall.
• Pick-up at your hotel in Medellín*.
• English speaking driver / guide.
• Roundtrip transportation Medellín-Támesis-Medellín (236+ kms).
• Hike through a pre-Hispanic trail and mist forest with rock climbing.
• Specialized guide for the rapelling activity.
• Use of specialized safety equipment.
• Rappelling mini-course.
• 75 mt (246 ft) waterfall rappelling descent along the face of a waterfall.
• Personal accident insurance.
Approximate Duration: 12 hours
Fitness level: medium-high
Usual pick-up time: 6:00 am.
What to bring: Comfortable shoes (with good traction for walking on stones), dry-fast clothes, hat, sun-screen, insect repellent, sunglasses and extra socks (or extra change of clothes).
Price: US$110 per person if at least 3 people.
*Additional charges may apply for pick-ups outside the Poblado area.
We do travel with just 1-2 passengers. The total price for a group of just 1 or 2 people is the same as the total price for a group of 3.
To customize your tour or staying overnight in Támesis, please send us an e-mail.
For booking this Waterfall Rappelling tour out of Medellín, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which dates would work best for you, how many more people are traveling with you and where would you like to be picked up. We will try to answer you within 24 hours of receiving your email.