This tour is perfect for those seeking an adrenaline rush. You will learn about the coffee business while also enjoying the coffee farm scenery as you fly through the air on a zipline and ride through the fields on quad bikes.
We will tour a coffee farrm in the hills outside the town of Ciudad Bolivar and you will learn what it takes to get the coffee bean from the farm into your cup every morning. You will also have the chance to buy export quality coffee straight from the source. We will then see the coffee plantation from a different perspective as we fly above the coffee plants and have a view of the entire valley during a 447 meter zipline ride, a quad bike tour of the plantation, and an aerial tram ride up the mountain to a spectacular viewpoint.
If you are more interested in learning about the coffee process, we recommend the Concordia Coffee Tour instead where there’s coffee picking going on almost all year round and therefore a greater chance to see the other processes in detail.
• Pick-up at your hotel in Medellín*.
• Round-trip private transportation Medellín-Ciudad Bolívar-Medellín.
• English speaking driver / guide.
• Tour around the coffee plantation and facilities (de-pulper, fermentation tanks and driers).
• Visit to the coffee mill and roasting place (if open).
• Lunch near the pueblo or at the farm.
• Personal accident insurance
• 447 meter (1,466 ft) zip line adventure (maximum weight is 220 lbs).
Click on the following link to watch a video of the zip-line adventure.
Link to zip-line video at coffee farm
• 20-30 minute quad bike ride (as a passenger) around the coffee plantations and to panoramic viewpoints. If you are interested in renting a quad bike to drive, please contact us for details.
Approximate duration: 8-9 hours
Fitness level: Medium – high
Usual pick-up time: 8:00 am
What to bring: Sun-screen, hat, sunglasses, insect repellent, long trousers and comfortable shoes (no flip-flops)
Price: $305,000 COP per person if at least 3 people.
*Additional charges may apply for pick-ups outside the Poblado area.
We do travel with just 1-2 passengers. The total price for a group of just 1 or 2 people is the same as the total price for a group of 3.
We appreciate payment in cash in Colombian pesos COP or in USD (Exchange rate: USD $1 = $2,700 COP).
Please note that all activities are done at your own risk. If you do not have your own personal accident insurance and you would like us to help you get this insurance for this tour, please let us know.
For booking this Adventure Coffee tour out of Medellín, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which dates would work for you, how many more people are traveling with you and where would you like to be picked up. We will try to answer you within 12 hours of receiving your email.