Horseback Riding Tour
Unique and fun Horseback Riding Tour around Cattle Ranch leaving from Medellín
Leaving from your hotel and after 1.5 hours scenic drive southwest of Medellín, we will drive past the roadside town of Bolombolo and just about 20 minutes later, arrive at a small cattle ranch where the horse ride begins. Please note that this horse ride is exclusively offered by LandVenture Travel since no other tour operator has access to this farm.
We will have some great Colombian coffee and walk to the farm’s lookout to start enjoying the Cauca River’s valley scenery. Safety briefing and horseback riding tips will also take place before getting on the horses. We will try as much as possible to pair you with the right horse for your experience level. We use well-fed and well-treated light-gaited working horses, instead of fancy Colombian Paso-finos which are not safe nor reliable for this ride’s terrain.
This horse ride takes about two hours through a big cattle ranch that neighbors the smaller farm where the ride starts and ends. Along the way, we will go across streams and remnants of tropical dry forest with 100 feet tall trees, and giant bamboo, and hopefully, spot some interesting native birds.
The tiered landscape of Antioquia’s steep mountains including Cerro Tusa and Cerro Bravo plus the meanders of the Cauca River will complement the above treasures of our Andean scenery experience.
Your English-speaking guide will be with you at all times, including the horse ride where senior cowboy Juan will also come along.
We will have a traditional lunch at the farm and return to Medellín mid-afternoon.
Horseback Riding Tour around Cattle Ranch Includes:
If you would like to enjoy a short video showing the spectacular scenery of this unique horseback riding experience, watch here:
Additional information Horseback Riding Tour around Cattle Ranch
- 1 person (All Ages): $199 USD
- Group of 2 People (All Ages): $119 USD
Price per person
- Group of 3 People (All Ages): $79 USD
Price per person
- Group of 4-8 People (All Ages): $69 USD
Price per person
We can also take payment in cash in Colombian pesos COP at the official exchange rate of the day of the tour.
As of June 2023, 1$ USD = $4,142 COP approx.
This tour can be easily combined
as a two-day or multi-day tour with the:
Recommendations for a Safe and more Enjoyable Horse Rids
- Follow every single recommendation and direction given by the guide and the horse expert.
- Stirrup length should feel about 2 inches shorter than when the leg is completely stretched.
- Wear your helmet at all times while on the horse and properly buckled with the chinstrap.
- Hold the reins at all times and keep your feet in the stirrups at all times. No more than 1/4 of your shoe should go in the stirrup.
- Do not hold onto the saddle with your hands, since this will make you have less control of the horse.
- The control of the horse should be done with the reins.
- Do not make sudden pulls of the reins. Pull them slowly but with strength.
- Keep a short grip on the reins, with your hands closer to the mane of the horse when in need of more control.
- While going at walking pace, you may hold the reins with more slack, but as soon as you start picking up speed, make sure you get a grip closer to the horse’s neck.
- While galloping, try embracing the horse with your legs.
- Never get ahead of the guide or the horse expert without their consent.
- Do not try galloping if you don’t feel confident enough or if you don’t have previous experience.
- When going downhill, do not go faster than walking speed.
- Do not hit your horse except gently with your heels to make it go faster.
- Do not carry any glass bottles or containers.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages before or during the ride.
More Tours by LandVenture Travel
Talk to us
For last minute requests to this Horseback Riding Tour around Cattle Ranch leaving from Medellín more ways to customize and combine this experience with other tours out of Medellín, please send us a text message through WhatsApp or email us and let us know which dates would work for you, how many more people are traveling with you and where would you like to be picked up.
We will try to answer you within 24 hours of receiving your message.