Medellín Horseback Riding Tour
Santa Elena - Rionegro
Medellín Horseback riding tour Details
The closest of our 4 horseback rides that depart from Medellín.
Our fun horseback riding tour out of Medellín is just about 30 minutes away from the Poblado area on the rural roads of Santa Elena and Rionegro. Therefore, this is the closest horseback riding experience that we currently offer, unlike our Cattle Ranch Horseback riding tour (near Bolombolo) which requires an almost 2-hour drive to get to the starting point, or the one in Jardín which is almost a 3-hour drive away.
While driving up to where the horse ride begins, we will be glad to make a stop and enjoy a stunning vista of Medellín that you normally don’t get to see with other tours east of our city.
A coffee stop can also be added if needed.
As of June 2023, 1$ USD = $4,142 COP approx.
Recommendations for a Safe and more Enjoyable Horse Rids
- Follow every single recommendation and direction given by the guide and the horse expert.
- Stirrup length should feel about 2 inches shorter than when the leg is completely stretched.
- Wear your helmet at all times while on the horse and properly buckled with the chinstrap.
- Hold the reins at all times and keep your feet in the stirrups at all times. No more than 1/4 of your shoe should go in the stirrup.
- Do not hold onto the saddle with your hands, since this will make you have less control of the horse.
- The control of the horse should be done with the reins.
- Do not make sudden pulls of the reins. Pull them slowly but with strength.
- Keep a short grip on the reins, with your hands closer to the mane of the horse when in need of more control.
- While going at walking pace, you may hold the reins with more slack, but as soon as you start picking up speed, make sure you get a grip closer to the horse’s neck.
- While galloping, try embracing the horse with your legs.
- Never get ahead of the guide or the horse expert without their consent.
- Do not try galloping if you don’t feel confident enough or if you don’t have previous experience.
- When going downhill, do not go faster than walking speed.
- Do not hit your horse except gently with your heels to make it go faster.
- Do not carry any glass bottles or containers.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages before or during the ride.
More Tours by LandVenture Travel
Talk to us
For last minute requests to this Medellín Horseback riding tour more ways to customize and combine this experience with other tours out of Medellín, please send us a text message through WhatsApp or email us and let us know which dates would work for you, how many more people are traveling with you and where would you like to be picked up.
We will try to answer you within 24 hours of receiving your message.