Visiting one of the most unique pueblos in Colombia and the beautiful views from the top of the Rock of El Peñol makes this a must-see tour destination. Enjoy colorful farmland in the proximity of El Peñol as a mouth-opener to wonderful views that you will get from the Rock. The climb up the 700+ stairs to the top of the 220 meter high rock offers 360 degree breathtaking views of the surrounding areas. But if you’re not into climbing stairs, we will spend extra time exploring the colorfully painted facades (zócalos) of Guatapé’s houses and walking along the waterfront in town. Optional adventures at additional cost, include a 300 meter canopy ride over water or a boat ride around the lake that takes us past vacation houses of famous and infamous Colombian celebrities.
• Pick-up at your hotel in Medellín*.
• English speaking driver / guide.
• Going through the most scenic of the different routes that go to Guatapé.
• Private roundtrip transportation Medellín – Guatapé – Medellín (170+ kms).
• Stop at the Rock of El Peñol also known as Peñón de Guatapé.
• Entrance fee to the rock (not redeemable for cash).
• Stroll through Guatapé’s waterfront and Remembrance Street.
• 984 ft. canopy/zip line adventure (additional $15,000 COP). Currently unavailable (as of Sept. 2018).
• One hour boat ride on Guatapé Dam to Old Peñol Museum (add $45,000 COP, approx. USD $16.00 per person, minimum 3 passengers)
Approximate Duration: 6-8 hours
Fitness level: Medium
Usual pick-up time: 8:30 am during week days and 8:00 am during weekends.
What to bring: Hat, sunglasses, sun-screen, jacket (if doing the boat ride).
Price: $195,000 COP per person if there are at least 3 people on the tour.
*Additional charges will apply for pick-ups outside the Poblado area.
We do travel with just 1-2 passengers. The total price for a group of just 1 or 2 people is the same as the total price for a group of 3. Therefore, the minimum price for this tour is $585,000 COP if there are no more than 3 people on the tour.
We appreciate payment in cash in Colombian pesos COP or in USD (Exchange rate: USD $1 = $2,700 COP).
Free airport transfer:
Please note that if you have an afternoon flight departing after 2:00 pm but no later than 8:00 pm out of the the Rionegro International Airport (MDE), we will provide you with free airport transfer at the conclusion of the tour as we can just drop you off after the Guatapé tour on the way back to Medellín. This represents savings of around $95,000 COP which is the usual cost of a private airport transfer out of Medellín.
For booking this tour to Guatapé, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which dates would work best for you, how many more people are traveling with you and where would you like to be picked up. We will try to answer you within 24 hours of receiving your email. We can also be reached via Whatsapp at +573217699555 .